Life here is very busy and we have been feeling the time crunch – we leave in just two weeks! Ah!
But here’s a little update. I had my birthday on Thursday and it was extremely eventful. To celebrate my 26th year, we:
– Took a three day backpacking trip into the mountains
– Got lost on the way home but eventually found our way. 🙂
– Got stung by a scorpion (woo! I really live in Mexico – it was an initiation)
– Had a serious yoga session my birthday morning with people from BioSana
– Was cooked an epic birthday breakfast
– Went on an adventure into town to search for the woman who bakes these cookies that Mike and I buy locally and are totally obsessed with
– Found her (Yolanda) and hung out with her for two hours
– Got the cookie recipe
– Ate a beef taco Yolanda made for me….my first beef in 5 years (and I’m paying for it now…)
– Drank a Coca Cola (can’t remember the last time I did that….a year?)
– Hitchhiked back to the farm
– Planted an entire garden with 8 other folks at BioSana – is there anything better than planting on your birthday?
– Ate a delicious birthday dinner with those same 8 folks
– Went to a friend’s house and played music and hung out for a couple hours
It was an epic birthday – and also my first birthday celebrated without alcohol in a long, long while. It was wonderful!